In the past two years we have been challenged with consistent grouping of our cadets. We realized how challenging and disorientating it was for the Cadets and Rangers to form new groups annually. To ease the burden on both Cadets and Rangers, in formulating new groups every year, we have introduced a housing system where Cadets will be grouped into various houses that they will engage in permanently until they leave SCI.
We hope that being a part of a house will make every Cadet feel like an integral part of a team and moreover SCI. We want to create a sense of belonging with our Cadets that even years after they have left SCI they will have something to relate with each other as part of the SCI Alumni.
The House System has been designed to embody the values and ethos of SCI. In time it is our ambition that the House Captains and the CLRC will work together to create a stronger Cadet voice to motivate learners and further the community spirit of SCI.
Aims of the House System
Our aim is to provide every Cadet in each house with the following:
- A sense of belonging within SCI
- Opportunities to develop leadership and teamwork skills
- Opportunities to develop social, intellectual, physical and practical skills
- A sense of achievement through both academic and social activities
- Fun and excitement through healthy competition
- An awareness of individual and collective responsibility
The house names are based on values and principles from our cadets pledge namely:
- House Ethics
- House Perseverance
- House Integrity
- House Honesty
- House Accountability
- House Humility